There are some common perceptions of a private investigator that all they do is to follow people, sit in cars, take photos of smoking cigars, cheating spouses, and wear trench coats. Indeed, this can be further from the truth. The new wave of young private investigators have new ways in which society is connected, and with new technology, these private investigators have an advanced way of gathering information, in terms of traditional investigative activities and societal perception.
Click here to hire a private investigator in Singapore You may pick from the different types of private investigators in Singapore and choose who fits your needs.
Types of private investigators
These private investigators come into many types, which they are specialized in:
- Bounty hunter. It works alongside law enforcement. It locates and apprehends people who are wanted for legal proceedings, it includes failure to appear in court and skipping bail.
- Bug detection. It is a type of cyber investigation in which a private investigator performs electronic sweeps of the areas for location trackers or finding hidden recording devices.
- Crime scene. A private investigator that works as an extension of law enforcement. Or, it could be trying to look for the truth independent of law enforcement. A private investigator focuses on the evidence at a crime scene.
- Corporate. A corporate private investigator works as a part of the company staff.
- Due diligence. It typically involves corporate clients for due diligence investigation. A private investigator works to investigate large purposes of a business transaction or such.
- These investigators pursue cases such as the following:
- Child support
- Parental custody
- Executive protection. A private investigator that scours information for travel, locations, and more to provide safety for the client. The overall protection of an executive or many celebrities is generally more data-driven.
- Video/Audio/Photo surveillance. The private investigator uses various types of recording devices or the history as a part of the larger investigation. Video and photo surveillance is focused on the physical whereabouts of a group or person being investigated.
- Financial. A private investigator searches for assets or develops financial reports to recover judgments in theft or fraud cases.
- Fraud. It is a private investigator that is often hired by the company, which primarily focuses on determining whether someone is using fraud or not to gain some kind of financial payoff.
- Forensic. A forensic investigator focused on evidence collection of any kind and works quite closely with law enforcement.